Looking for a great way to entertain your kiddos without spending any money? Hop on over to Lego.com to sign up for your kid’s FREE LEGO magazine subscription!
All the Details
This magazine is delivered directly to your child 5 times per year. (Even the shipping is FREE)! After signing up, it can take anywhere from 6-16 weeks for the first magazine to arrive. Additionally, there are two versions of the magazine, one designed for children under 7 and one for those 7 and older.
Here’s what the LEGO website has to say about this magazine: “Every issue is packed full of LEGO news and behind-the-bricks interviews, comic adventures, games and puzzles, building challenges and Cool Creations built by LEGO fans. Not to mention, sneak peeks at the latest sets and themes.”
This magazine was a total hit in my house! In addition to seeing the latest LEGO sets, the magazine includes activities, comics, removable posters, and more! For example, our favorite part was looking at the LEGO creations sent in by other children. After being inspired and getting creative, your child has the opportunity to submit their ideas and creations, too!
Frugal Ideas for Re-Use
Here are a few ways we used the magazine AFTER my kiddo was done reading it:
- Pass it on to a friend.
- Donate it to a school OR local library.
- Take it to a local secondhand bookstore (like Half-Priced Books) to see if you can get a few cents for it and/or discount coupon for bringing it in!
- Use it as creative wrapping paper for a kid’s LEGO-themed (or any themed) gift!
- Use it for a collage and/or decoupage art project! I googled “art projects with old magazines” and found TONS of ideas!
- Have a younger child? Grab those safety scissors and let them practice their cutting skills.
- Have a great idea for how you’ve re-used old magazines? Drop a comment below!